Bethesda Health Clinic is a Christ-centered ministry with a bold mission: To provide affordable, high-quality care for the working uninsured and others we are able to serve.
Before Bethesda, those in need had to go to a local hospital’s emergency room for medical care. Our state-of-the-art facility eases the burden on local ERs while serving a neglected segment of our population in a professional and dignified environment.
In serving patients in the way we do, we seek to achieve numerous goals:
- Patients will have ready access to necessary medical and dental care that is not limited by their financial means.
- Patients will feel an increased sense of control over their own health.
- Patients will experience an improved family life owing to the fact that their medical and dental care is no longer creating financial stress or time pressure for them.
- Smith County will have a healthier, more productive workforce, as employees take less time off work because of illness, dental pain or time spent waiting for care in a hospital ER.
- Area hospitals will not be called on to provide as much charity care, particularly for routine medical care that is easily provided within the clinic setting.